The The Puerto Rican, American and Caribbean Organization Scholarship
The Puerto Rican, American and Caribbean Organization (PACO) is a non-profit organization established in 1991, dedicated to support the Hispanic Community in Dayton, Ohio. PACO provides charitable services to underprivileged families, promotes awareness and education to the local population about the Hispanic culture and awards scholarships to Hispanic students attending technical schools and universities. The organization operates with an all-volunteer staff composed of both Hispanic and non-Hispanic members. Applicants must:
- Be a resident of Montgomery, Miami, Clark, Warren or Greene County, Ohio
- Be of Hispanic heritage or non-Hispanic but highly involved in promoting the Hispanic culture via community or school events
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 based upon a 4.0 scale
- Be accepted to or currently attending an accredited two-year, four-year, technical school, college or university
- Demonstrate financial need
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you of Hispanic heritage?
- Are you highly involved in promoting Hispanic culture via community or school events? If the answer is yes, please make sure this is reflect on your resume.